- Up to 4 hour fire rating(EI240)
- Suitable for PVC, PVC-U, PE, HDPE, MDPE & PP pipes
- Available to suit 50mm,110mm & 160mm pipes
- Performance unaffected by weathering (Type X Durability)
- Quick & simple installation
- Integrated moisture and smoke seal
- Strong lid to carry foot traffic and light access equipment
- No back filling required
- Compact footprint allows for closer positioning of pipes
QuelCast Cast In Fire Collars prevent the spread of fire through plastic pipes and cables where they penetrate concrete floors.
QuelCast Fire Collars are constructed from a robust polypropylene material and contain a high performance intumescent material which reacts under the influence of heat. This will exert pressure on the pipe as it softens, to form a carbonaceous char which provides an effective insulation plug thus preventing smoke and fire passing through to the adjoining compartment.
The QuelCast Cast In Fire Collar has been designed at 250mm high to meet the requirements of most applications, however the QuelCast Collar can be cut down to suit up to a 150mm deep floor slab. For applications where the floor slab is deeper than 250mm, speak to Miers for your options. For the QuelCast50 Cast In Fire Collar, the space between the pipe and the outer casing of the QuelCast50 should be ‘backfilled’ with mineral wool from the rubber smoke seal to the top of the floor slab. For applications where the floor slab depth is between 150 – 250mm, cut the QuelCast Cast In Fire Collar down to the required height and replace the cap.
Please contact your closest miers depot for prices and availability