Click images to zoom
NILOBOARD is a tough, semi flexible board, for protecting waterproofing applications on bridge and parking garage decks, terraces, tunnels, foundation walls and slabs, and wet room floors against construction traffic, other trades and impact of back fill soil.
- Can bridge over gravel embedded roof surfaces, and can be bent to normal contours while maintaining rigidity, due to being semi flexible
- Composed of mineral fortified bituminous core, held under pressure between two asphalt saturated carriers
- Compatible with almost all waterproofing membranes such as bituminous, EPDM, TPO, PVC and coatings such as acrylic, polyurethane, epoxy and others
- Can be applied horizontally or vertically
- Resistant to salts and chemicals normally found in soil (Chlorides, Sulphates, and Phosphates)
- Rot-proof, unaffected by emersion in ground water, and impervious to water
- Excellent resistance to puncture & normal site conditions
The surface to receive the NILOBOARD protection board has normally been waterproofed. The waterproofed surface must be clean, free of any debris, or sharp protrusions.
Apply NILOBOARD protection board directly on the waterproofing membrane as soon as practicable.
Butt together all NILOBOARD protection board panels and cut to fit all intersecting and protruding surfaces. Cover joints with joint tape if desired. Ensure subsequent ballast layers are applied as soon as possible following protection board application.
Apply in stages starting from bottom of the wall and continuing to the height of backfill level.
- Temporarily hold by propping in place until backfill is accomplished to avoid board displacement.
- To fix NILOBOARD use one of the following methods depending on the type of waterproofing membrane used:
- Cold/hot applied adhesives.
- Hot air gun or gas torch to slightly melt the bitumen on the underside of protection board and attached to waterproofing membrane.
- Self adhesive tapes.
- Stagger joints to a minimum of 15cm and cover joints with joint tape to prevent backfill particles from damaging the membrane.
Backfill immediately, using care and caution to avoid damage to waterproofing system.
NILOBOARD is supplied in sheets 1m x 2m in standard thicknesses 3mm, 4mm, 5mm and 6mm. Boards should be kept stored in pallets placed on level surfaces under shade or cover. Stack no
more than two pallets high.
Niloboard 3mm – 225 boards per pallet
Niloboard 4mm – 150 boards per pallet
Niloboard 5mm – 125 boards per pallet
Niloboard 6mm – 100 boards per pallet
This product is available from Mid July 2017
Please get in contact with Miers to enquire 01480 702 222