The choice of the correct formwork depends on different factors. Each one affects directly or indirectly the cost of use:
- The formwork reusability;
- The desired surface finishing;
- The needed workforce (labor costs);
- The availability of skilled personnel and of lifting means for the installation;
- The formwork’s versatility;
- The available capital.
An efficient formwork system for constructions can, in fact, solve many problems in the building site and represents an excellent way to save costs.
Geoplast has a wide range of formworks for concrete that can offer:
- Reusability more than 100 times;
- Perfect surface finishing, thanks to the internal smoothness of the formwork that guarantee a pleasant look;
- Reduced workforce. Thanks to the formworks lightness, the installation is easy and fast;
- A high versatility and a wide range of combinations to satisfy any kind of necessity;
- An affordable investment
All Geoplast Formworks are made of plastic and allow the creation of pillars, columns or walls of different shapes and dimensions.
The following is a practical example, that compares formworks made of different materials, for the construction of a square column 40×40, 3 mt. high:
|Plastic vs wood and steel formworks |
|Weight||15 kg/m2||18 kg/m2 (+ 20%)||40 kg/m2 (+267%)|
|Work speed and labor cost||25 min. total |
|270 min. total (1 person)||110 min. total (2 people)|
|Accessories and lifting means||no accessories, no skilled personell||hammer, nails, carpenter skilled personell||hammer, crane, specific training required to use the product|
In addition to being sustainable as our forms are all made of recycled plastic, they are also easier to remove: it is sufficient to clean the elements using just a little water, without any detergent.